Outpost Phoenix: Personal Com-Net image
An Unexpected Invitation

Outpost Phoenix: Personal Com-Net

by Fleet Captain Kaveh Arzie
[Stardate ]

Login

-------------------------[Subspace Packet - Sector Beacon 15-90-732-94]

Dear Sir:

Our many correspondences in the past have proven you to be an insightful and well-reasoned gentleman with concerns not unlike my own.

I have been in touch with you and a number of our colleagues to discuss the nature of Natural Philosophy, Arts, & Letters as they are now obtained. We are all, it would appear, dissatisfied with the breed of Learned Societies of which we have either been members ourselves or had contact with. While the exercise of imagination is a valid endeavour, particularly as a means to break free of the rigid pursuit of knowledge which is is the hallmark of our present society, this process should be well-tempered and not cultivated to grow like weeds in a cognitive garden. Too many scientists and -researchers- of our day have fallen victim to fanciful imagining, and have not learned to root their research in valid paths of enlightenment.

Even worse than this trivialization and absurdification of Science and the Arts are the self-aggrandizing tendencies of so many alleged ‘Scientists.’ All too many of these individuals, alas, have become wrapped up in the quest for personal power.

A third dilemma which has become rather apparent is the scarcity of genuine instruction in these fields. We have all, at one point or another in our lives, been subject to the teachings of individuals not qualified for the title of ‘Master’ which they claim for themselves. Whether such individuals were deluded or dishonest is irrelevant at this point.

Surveying the scene as we now have it, it would appear that I am presenting a most bleak picture: the world or Science and the Arts is filled with delusional, ill-intentioned, power-hungry people. I have learned this through my own dealings with the Kayores Institute. Such, I fear, is the truth we must contend with; but it is not the only possible truth.

I have come to realize, from my own experiences and the experiences of others, that there is much that still lies unexplored beyond the veil of the mundane world. What I propose is rather simple: as I have learned from my experience, so others have learned. What knowledge I lack, another might teach me, as I may impart to others what they seek to know.

Let us gather and form a new society; one patterned after other societies, but based upon the mutual acquisition of knowledge. Let us instruct each other and those that come after us; let us walk the path to illumination together, and pave the way for others who come behind. Let our intellectual scrutiny be far-reaching, from the Scientific to the Literary, from the mundane to the celestial. Let us delve into the secrets of the universe.

I am inviting you, and a number of our colleagues, to meet with me on or about Stardate 201812.17. We will gather at my estate for a fortnight of symposia and dialogue. I hope that you will accept my offer – if not to join us in future fellowship, then at least for this preliminary gathering.

I pray I have not misjudged your intentions, and if I have, please pardon me; I meant no insult.

In hopes of a positive answer, I remain

Your most humble servant,

Professor Kaveh Arzie
Shavi Rok’i, Tahnna’Wahnna IV
Stardate 201808.26

-------------------------[Subspace Packet - End Transmission]

Recommend This Post: