USS Aldrin Personnel Recordings image
Captain's Personnel Log

USS Aldrin Personnel Recordings

by Captain Mardel Shayron
[Stardate ]

Login

Captain’s Personnel Log
Stardate: 201809.12

I am sitting in my ready room, my shoes off, just reveling in the fact that it is my own ready room. When I left home I never thought I would make it this far. I always thought I would just be a doctor, but here I am. The few instructors at the academy who didn’t hate me let me know that I would be perfect for command. Well, now we get to see if they were right.
I did check out my quarters. Wow, they really tricked them out. I have a whole suite, all to myself, and it’s huge. This means I have enough room for my ceremonial supplies without having to crowd them all into a locker. I actually have an entire closet I am now keeping them in and it is always locked. The GOW ceremonies are private and honestly, secret from those who are not GOW. It isn’t because others wouldn’t understand them, rather it’s because it is sacred to us and we don’t want it perverted by those who wouldn’t understand. I do like go home as often as I can and participate in the ceremonies with my sisters and mothers.
So yes, I am GOW. It makes some people rather nervous having me around. I don’t know, maybe it’s the green skin. Maybe it’s the pheromones, but we don’t have to use a masker like Deltans do. We can control it, to some extent. I got so sick of being accused of sleeping around at the academy. Even when I did the full medical scan and proved I was still untouched by man, people wouldn’t believe me.
I did get married, to a pirate of a man. He comes around now and then. So when people ask me, I tell them it’s complicated. I haven’t thought about children and I’m not even sure if we would be genetically compatible. Actually, I’ve never heard of anything blending well we GOW but GOM and certain Humans who have been injected with special hormones to be fertile with GOW. If I am honest with myself, I could probably come up with a solution for that as a doctor, but I’m not sure I would want to. Anyway, as a captain now, I don’t really have time for it, so I’m putting that on the back burner.
I do hope I get along well with this crew. It’s a new ship and a new crew configuration. I know, I worry too much, but I’ve lived my entire life with prejudice so I do worry about that. Well, time will tell.
Captain Out

Recommend This Post: