Login
[Deniaud/Salieri] Collaboration Log
Stardate: 1701.11
Music Database on Shuffle: Blindsided

I cup the window.
I’m crippled and slow.
For the agony, I’d rather know.
‘Cause I’m blinded.  I am blindsided.

“Alright, beautiful!” she exclaimed as she opened the door to the master suite.  Although Alexia and Randall had shared the intimate space, the groom had retired to one of the many other rooms for the last night of his bachelorhood.  She had knocked but barely gave the bride any time to inform her she could enter.  “Your guests await and-”  Marielle blinked as she was frozen in place, her body tense with shock and a growing anxiety that overwhelmed her senses.  Because before the bay window, where she had expected to see her best friend nervously smoothing out her wedding dress in front of the mirror, she was gifted with the sight of the brunette in a heated kiss with her brother.

Alexia pulled away quickly and her eyes widened at the sight of the diminutive woman by the door.  “Maddie!” she gasped.  “This isn’t what this looks-  I mean-  It is what it looks, but-”  She watched as the eldest of the Deniaud siblings tore away from her and moved quickly towards the door.

“What the frak is-  Mmm Mmm Mmmm!?!” she yelled as she stepped forward.  The rest of her statement was muffled as her brother’s hand pressed into her mouth and she was easily lifted and pulled from the door.  She heard the lock latch and she glared at Renard.  She bit hard into his palm and there was little satisfaction at the yelp of pain that slipped from him.  Marielle spun and pushed the man back.  Her chin turned from left to right, unable to let her gaze settle on just one for too long.  She hissed, careful to keep her voice low.  “What the frak is going on here?!”

Renard motioned for the brunette to join him, his arm reaching out towards her.  Hands settled on her head, his thumbs wiping away at her tears.  A tender smile graced his features as he looked down at her.  “It’s alright,” he soothed lovingly.  His back bowed as he bent down to kiss her eyes.  “It’s alright.  It’s alright.”

Marielle’s eyes widened as she stared at them.  “Renard-  What are you doing?  Alexia?”  Her heart drummed furiously in her chest.  “You’re getting married.”  She motioned wildly with one hand as she stared at her brother and repeated the words as if it should be enough.  “She’s getting married.”  She took a step towards them but stopped as she watched as her best friend bury her face into her brother’s dress shirt.  Her gaze lifted to the future heir of her family.  “Renard?”

“Je suis vraiment désolé, ma chouchouette  (I’m so sorry),” he muttered in his sister’s direction.  “Elle a mon coeur, Mariëlle.  Je l’aime et je ne peux pas la laisser partir.  Je ne la laisse jamais partir.  Même après toutes ces années, mon cœur ne voulait pas la laisser partir.  (She has my heart.  I love her and I can’t let her go.  I never let her go.  Even after all these years, my heart wouldn’t let her go.)”  French was lost in Alexia’s hair as he held onto her.

Her heart broke as she heard the plea in his voice.  The anguish was easy to see on both of their faces, the deep rooted guilt that stained their features.  Still, she could only think of what it would mean for her future.  Her father would undoubtedly lose himself to anger.  “Papa va te renier  (Father will disown you),” she warned, almost pleading with him to reconsider.  It would mean a hastened timeline for her, and she was already grappling with the reality that she’d agreed to her father’s plans for marriage.  “Renard-”

“Let him,” he whispered, his voice trembling with the ache of his emotions.  “I cannot live without her.  I chose our family all those years ago, and I won’t again.”  He smiled apologetically at Alexia when she tilted her chin to stare up at him.  He pressed his forehead against hers.  “I lost everything that day,” he revealed.  “I won’t lose her again.”

“I love you,” the brunette whispered.

His eyes closed with serene joy.  “I love you,” he reaffirmed softly.

Alexia lifted her heels a short distance to press their lips together.  She sniffled with her tears and turned to look at the dumbstruck researcher she called her closest friend.  “I’m so sorry, Maddie.  But-  I can’t marry Randy.  I love him, but-  Not like this.”  Her fingers curled into Renard’s dress shirt.  “I never stopped loving your brother.  Please, Maddie.  Please take care of this for us.”

Her mouth opened and shut, the words barely managing to fall from her lips.  Odd sounds left her throat in soft chirps.  “Ah-  I-  You can’t-  Wait-”  She pushed into movement when she realized Alexia was gathering the many layers of her wedding dress and that Renard had opened the door.  “Wait-  You’re not telling Randall?”

She shook her head furiously.  “No.  I can’t.  It’ll be much easier coming from you.  He likes you.  Everyone likes you.”  She turned swiftly as Marielle’s brother pulled her through the open door.

Marielle simply stared and blinked furiously at the empty space that had once been occupied by her best friend and her new lover.  “What?” she finally managed.  Her body sprang into motion and she ran towards the doorway.  There was no sight of them.  Quickly, she ran to the window and pushed the pane aside to look towards the front of the manor.  She caught sight of the pair running towards the shuttle landing pad.  She wanted to scream at them to stop, to come back.  She wanted to call them cowards and to demand that they own their torrid love affair.  What came out, however, was an indignant proclamation to counter Alexia’s statement.  “What the frak are you talking about?!” she screamed after the brunette.  “I rub plenty of people the wrong way!”

“I still love you!  Thanks Maddie!  I owe you!” screamed Alexia before she disappeared into the shuttle with Renard at her heels.  

She swore she heard laughter on the chilly breeze and the petite woman could only watch as the shuttle lifted into the air and disappeared into the atmosphere.  Her fingers curled over the window sill.  There was no notion of the clawing bite of winter that chewed at her bones or how her fingers ached with the force of her grip over the stone detailing.  An dull numb moved over her chest and a pinching sensation prickled at her heart as panic slowly grew.  Realization settled heavily on her thoughts as she stared aimlessly at the horizon.  Her thoughts settled on a simple truth: he had left her alone to face their father.

Recommend This Post: