[Stardate ]

Login Day 63 (2 months 1 day)
EUENOR PALACE

FROM THE DESK OF
Her Highness
Princess Mariëlle Antoinette Deniaud
Atlantis, Gaia

FOR
Lieutenant Junior Grade Salieri, Gideon M.
United Space Federation
USS Hermes NCC-4501G

STARDATE: 1612.26 [63 days on Atlantis]

SUBJECT: New Year

Dearest Gid,

Before I even begin, I must say I’m disappointed you attempted to sneak in your promotion without a single word to me in your last letter. Congratulations, Lieutenant Salieri! I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you. I can only imagination your elation at receiving your newest pip. I hope you’ll allow me a chance to congratulate you properly when you arrive on Atlantis for her Majesty’s coronation.

Unfortunately, Lady Aelia was caught in a compromising situation with a Wolfen servant. She was expelled from court, and the servant was taken away. When I asked the foreign secretary about it, he told me that such matters did not exist in Atlantis and needed to be handled with the utmost urgency to prevent any repetition of the offense. Lady Aelia clearly cared for the Wolfen, genuinely so. I wish I could be of some comfort to her, but I haven’t really stepped foot outside the palace walls since the incident with Mister Longbottom.

I had an interesting conversation with one Talador Ren at dinner last night. He seemed to think that I would be acquainted with him, but I honestly have no idea who he is. He was rather interested in the Hermes, however. Some of the questions seemed odd, but nothing too out of the ordinary. Ship’s crew size, our basic capabilities. Information that could easily be found in any database. He asked several questions about the Commodore and about Leonard. He inquired about their current health and wished me to relay a message to them both. He sends his salutations and wishes for a long and happy life to his esteemed friends.

That dinner was possibly the most frightfully boring dinner I’ve ever attended and certainly not worth space in this letter.

I’m being summoned. The foreign secretary has asked that I play the hostess for his guests this evening. Perhaps I’ll send a second letter tonight. I have yet to pick something of true value.

It brings me such joy to hear my gifts were well received. I have missed the Hermes and her crew. I long for the odd adventures. Atlantis is beautiful, and I wish I could return home.

Always,
El

Recommend This Post: