Duty Log

USS Excelsior Logs and Narratives

Message Board Image
The brave crew of the USS Excelsior posts their official duty logs and creative personal logs along with intriguing stories for history to review. Excel Website
Return to Thread My Account

Captain Michael Holden & Lieutenant Sierra Gar, SD

"A Dark Premonition" JDL

Login

“A Dark Premonition

JDL: Captain Holden, Lieutenant Gar

Captain Michael Holden entered the ready room, and turned to look at Lieutenant Gar as the door closed behind them. "What can I do for you, Lieutenant?" He asked.

Lieutenant Sierra Gar looked about, and it was easy to notice the tension in her as she did. She exhaled slowly. "Sir, there's something I think you'll want to know." She paused, looking towards the readyroom door, before glancing back to Holden. Something clearly had her on edge.

Holden nodded. "Does this have anything to do with Deputy Maverick's ... reaction, yesterday on the bridge?"

Sierra nodded once. "Just after he told me where we could find the Starbase 295 crew... he saw something. I'm still trying to process it myself." She took a deep breath. '"I see two of you. One good, one evil.'"

The captain narrowed his eyes. "That is very cryptic. Did he elaborate any further?"

Sierra shook her head. "I'm afraid not," she responded. "But even so, I couldn't help but sense... the danger, in his words. Something is coming, sir. I don't know what, I don't know when. But... I don't think it's going to be pretty." She glanced off to the side. "Maybe I'm just reading into him too much, but I doubt he'd be passing this to me if it were all green grass and flowers and pretty."

Again, the captain nodded. "This is troubling. I will have a discussion with Commander Lobren.  Maybe he has had a discussion with the deputy. In the meantime, are you alrigh to return to duty? You can take a little bit of time if you need it. I understand you have had a reunion with Commander zh'Thran."

Sierra nodded in a casual manner. "Yes sir, I believe I will be fine. It was good to see her again, and I'll do my best to help her readjust. And I'm sure she'll help ME. But again, whatever's coming, I want to face standing." She paused, looking briefly confused. "The one thing I don't understand is... who is the other me?"

Holden brought his hand to his chin deep in thought. After a moment, he again looked at Gar. "I have seen a lot in my years in command and as a junior officer, Lieutenant. One thing that is certain is there are a lot of variables out here. It could mean an incursion with a Mirror version of you, it could be something simple, too... I just cannot think what that simple thing would be at this moment."

Sierra looked thoughtful and shook her head. "I guess there's no sense in trying to overanalyze what is to come," she began. "There's probably not much I can do except wait. And if that's what I have to do to understand what Maverick means... that's what I'm going to do." Her expression changed. Although she still seemed a little tense, she looked resolute. She seemed to be drawing on all her internal strength to fortify herself, as though preparing for an upcoming, long, difficult mission. "That's all I had for you, sir. I thought you would want to know."

"You are correct about the waiting part, Lieutenant," Holden said. "but, if something does come upon us, we will have had some warning, and we can be looking out for it,but... like your said, not worrying about it. Ahd, I do appreciate you letting me know what happened."

Sierra cracked a slight smile. "It's what a good officer does," she remarked. "If that's all, sir? I have someone else I need to see."

"That is it then, Lieutenant," Holden said with a nod. "Please keep me apprised of any other developments. Dismissed."

Sierra nodded once more. “Count on it, Sir.” And with that she turned and made her way out he door.

Recommend This Post: