USF Personal Log

USS Excelsior Logs and Narratives image
PL: New Beginnings, New Hopes

USS Excelsior Logs and Narratives

by Lieutenant J.g. Sierra Gar
[Stardate ]

Login
It didn't take too long for the green spherical object to be evacuated with all transporters at capacity. Sierra turned to look at Holden, and it was easy to tell that something had shocked her as she looked back to Maverick. "Sir, permission to join the Commander in the makeshift welcome area?" she asked. She needed time to process what had just happened.

Captain Michael Holden gave a simple nod to his chief operations officer.  He knew she had spen quite a bit of time in the same situation as the crew they had just rescued and she could possibly help them all deal with  the trauma of it all.

“You are relieved, Lieutenant,” Holden said. He noted that the moment the last of the crew had been beamed out of the green mass, it simply dissipated.

Sierra stepped onto the turbolift from the main bridge. She waited for the door to close behind her. She waited a little more and leaned against the wall. Finally she spoke softly. "Computer."

The dispassionate sound of the computer trill met her ears as it waited for Sierra's destination.

"Cargo bay two."

The computer beeped in acknowledgement as the lift began to move.

~~I need to clear my head.~~

"Computer, open a new personal log, and begin recording."

The computer beeped again in response. "Proceed when ready," announced the cool, female voice.

Sierra took a deep breath.

"Personal log, Lieutenant Junior Grade Gar recording. This will be my last log holding this rank. It's been an... interesting two days. The only thing I can think to say to sum them up is... begin new log, Lieutenant Gar recording."

She paused. "I'm still trying to process everything. I've never seen Commander Carishai behave quite the way she did in 12-Forward a day and a half ago. I hope I never have to again. I hear Taz is on Earth. That's just one reason I stepped in. But the other..." she sighed.

"Cari has done so much for me. She helped me get acclimated to the Excelsior. She was, and is, probably one of my closest friends. So when she popped her lid off I couldn't just stand there. I knew she'd probably not be willing to talk with a councilor. Hell, I didn't even know if she'd be willing to talk to me. But after the way she treated Ruwan, I couldn't just stand there and let her play things out. As the executive officer it's her duty to be a positive role model for those under her... and the cold display there wasn't something I'd like to model myself after."

Sierra blinked, laughed, and shook her head. "Look at me. I'm not the XO of a starship. Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about." She gave a little shrug.

"Anyway... I stepped in. I did what I thought I had to. I did what I thought was right. I knew I'd either get my head handed to me on a plate for such a blatant move... or get a rather large thank you... from one or both of them. Or all of the above. I didn't know what would happen. I didn't care which happened in that moment. but I wasn't going to stand by and watch. That wouldn't have been right."

Sierra began to pace around the small car as it moved. "Surprisingly, even I didn't know I had guts as I did. I think I put those two on a path. If not towards friendship, then at least to respect."

She looked down briefly, lost for words. "And then there's Maverick. Quite an interesting companion, that one. Not too long ago, he warned me and Lobren of... something. He didn't know what. All he knew was that there would be trouble. Was this what he was talking about? Another Green encounter? I highly doubt it."

The lift began to slow. "Computer, do not open the door until my order," she instructed the Excelsior's brain. It beeped in acknowledgement before Sierra continued.

"Not even five minutes ago, Maverick gave me, and I suspect only me, another warning. "I see... two of you! One good, one evil." I don't understand what it means. But I'm starting to realize that vague may be just how his warnings are."

The lift slowed to a complete stop. The doors did not open, and for this moment of privacy SIerra was grateful. "I need to tell Captain Holden. Maybe I should've done so that very moment. But I didn't. It was too much to sort through. But as soon as I'm done with these souls, I need to speak with him."

Sierra straitened and stood before the doors. "Computer, end log, and open the door."

With that, Sierra made her way out of the turbolift car and walked in to the cargo bay, sighing quietly as she looked about. She thought, ~~Now to find somewhere I can help.~~

##Gar##

Recommend This Post: